- Advise people with disabilities of their rights
under the Federal Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended and the Americans
with Disabilities Act.
- Explain the nature of the various services
available to people with disabilities from the different state agency
- Refer people with non-rehabilitation needs to other
- Advise and interpret agency policies and procedures
to consumers as they relate to the individual's rehabilitation choices.
- Identify problems and solutions between consumers
and agency staff.
- Advocate for and represent consumers in the appeals
- Recognize service delivery problems and recommend
positive changes in the rehabilitation program rules and policies.
- Provide outreach to individuals with disabilities
from diverse racial and cultural backgrounds.